Privacy Compliance Certification
UGIC has ISO/IEC 29000 Series, ISO/IEC 30100 Series and ALL ISO/IEC FDIS Procedure certifications.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): Request Your Information
AB 375 was signed into law by Governor Brown in 2018 and was made effective as of 1/1/2020. This privacy law provides consumers with more control of their personal data, with rights including:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about them, both by category and specific pieces of information the business has collected about them;
- The right to know whether their personal information is being sold or otherwise disclosed and to whom;
- We are prohibited by Public Utilities Code Section 8380(b)(2) from selling customer data or personally identifiable information.
- The right to have their personal information erased in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to request that the Company delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable personal information request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. To submit a request for deletion, complete a CCPA Personal Information Request form and add what data you would like erased in the comments section of the form.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, UGIC may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include:
- registering for an account on our Site;
- electing to receive newsletter content from us or one of our partners;
- signing up for job posting notices or RFP emails;
- sending us an email message;
To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
UGIC collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
UGIC may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from UGIC and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
UGIC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
UGIC may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to UGIC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
UGIC may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on UGIC or the site;
- protect and defend the rights or property of UGIC; and/or
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of UGIC, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
UGIC may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within UGIC, in order to determine what UGIC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within UGIC to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by UGIC. This information can include:
- your IP address
- browser type
- domain names
- access times and
- referring website addresses.
This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the UGIC website.
The UGIC website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize UGIC pages, or register with UGIC site or services, a cookie helps UGIC to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same UGIC website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the UGIC features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the UGIC services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
UGIC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. UGIC uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and
- security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
UGIC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, UGIC may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from UGIC or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from UGIC, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button within the email message.
Changes to this Statement
- agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
UGIC welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that UGIC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact UGIC at:
Unified Global Intelligence Corporation
1120 East NASA Pkwy. STE 205
Houston, Texas 77058
+1 (346) 333-1899
Effective as of September 01, 2019